Prosperous Pet Business Podcast
Episode #112: Create Policies & Procedures to Save Time, Money & Energy
To support the podcast, you can donate below. ☕️
Big or small, your donation helps keep the podcast going. Thanks in advance for your support! 🙏💗🐾
In today’s coaching session, I’m working with Tina, a pet business owner who feels like she’s constantly putting fires in her business. She has 5 part-time staff to help her, but she gets a lot of last-minute calls from them asking for time off which causes her to have to jump in and be the emergency backup.
She needs to raise her prices and wants to know if she should charge a gas surcharge given how high the gas prices have gone recently.
She has some policies but she hasn’t been implementing them and she really needs to do this so her business can begin running like a well-oiled machine.
Thanks to our sponsors:
Pet Sitters Associates: PSA is a highly-respected insurance company providing insurance for pet business owners. Use promo code PODCAST at checkout to get $15 off your annual insurance premium: www.PetSitLLC.com
Jobber: Jobber is a mobile and online app that helps keep your pet business organized, efficient, and professional. Get paid on time, go paperless, and impress your clients. Try it free today at: www.GetJobber.com/pets
PetBusinessCourses.com: Pet Business Courses provide anytime access courses including How to Start a Pet Sitting Business in 7 Days, Catapult 4-Week Pet Business Program, Facebook Marketing for Pet Business Owners and more. Apply what you’re hearing on the podcast by learning from these online courses that help you start and grow your pet business right now.
How is Tina doing now? Here’s an update from Tina in her own words:
Since our coaching session I have been reaching out and scheduling staff to cover more visits and clients. I have also started to think more about selling my business and what that will look like for me.
I have reached out to other pet sitters in the area to discuss how we can help each other. I am coming up with a new morning schedule which will start with spending time with God and his word. This will mean getting up probably 30 min earlier each day.
I have gone back to scheduling time with my granddaughter each week and allowing myself some rest and down time each afternoon when possible.
My coaching session was very helpful in validating for me what my priorities should be. I have wonderful gals that work for me and they have been very willing to help to relieve my work schedule. One more thing: my husband and I are eating dinner together more often now!
Thank you so much, Kristin
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Click to get your 15-minute limited-time offer on books, start-up kits, hiring kits, employee handbook, forms, and more!
- Click to find out more about the monthly pet business webinars.
- Free Stuff page for rate increase template.
- Pet Sitting and dog walking client contracts.
- How to Prepare Your Pet Business for Sale webinar recording.
- Schedule a private pet business coaching session with Kristin Morrison.
- Click to apply to be coached by Kristin on the Prosperous Pet Business podcast.
- Schedule an in-person VIP Pet Business Coaching Day in Hawaii or California.
- Click for FREE pet business resources to help you start or grow your pet business
- Connect with Kristin Morrison on Instagram.
Share This Podcast Episode: