Prosperous Pet Business Podcast
Episode #105: CPR For Your Personal Life
Does your personal life go to the very bottom of your business to do list – or not get any attention from you at all? Today’s coaching client is Karissa and nearly every day she experiences a lack of attention on her personal life. In the midst of her busy “one-stop shop” pet care business, dog trainer and pet sitter Karissa is so busy caring for other people’s pets that she’s struggling to find quality time for herself and her own dogs.
It’s time for Karissa to receive some “personal life triage”. Some of the suggested ways she can begin to revive her personal life surprised her and they may surprise you too!
Thanks to our sponsors:
Pet Sitters Associates: PSA is a highly-respected insurance company providing insurance for pet business owners. Use promo code PODCAST at checkout to get $15 off your annual insurance premium: www.PetSitLLC.com
Jobber: Jobber is a mobile and online app that helps keep your pet business organized, efficient, and professional. Get paid on time, go paperless, and impress your clients. Try it free today at: www.GetJobber.com/pets
PetBusinessCourses.com: Pet Business Courses provide anytime access courses including How to Start a Pet Sitting Business in 7 Days, Catapult 4-Week Pet Business Program, Facebook Marketing for Pet Business Owners and more. Apply what you’re hearing on the podcast by learning from these online courses that help you start and grow your pet business right now.
How is Karissa doing now, a couple months after her session? Here’s an update from Karissa, in her own words:
Podcast Coaching Client:
Cozy Care Pets
Here’s a little update from me:
I’m being more conscientious about scheduling out the self-care further to revolve the business schedule around self-care rather than my self-care revolving around my business. I’m also reserving those power hours to focus whenever possible. Now I just need to get the staff to cover them more fully. 🙂
I have made hiring a priority, so that I can use my power hours for admin work. Also, I have started to focus on tasks at hand more so, rather than getting distracted by other incoming items. This helps me to be more efficient.
I tend to feel guilty taking time for myself (workaholic here!), so our coaching session helped validate that self care is essential. I was glad for that!
Links mentioned in the podcast:
- Save big with this limited-time special offer for pet business owners on forms, client contracts, books, start-up kits, hiring kits and more. Click to find out more and save now.
- If you have a business that’s not pet-related: Apply to receive a FREE podcast coaching session on Kristin’s new podcast! Apply to be on the new podcast.
- Schedule a private pet business coaching session with Kristin Morrison.
- Click to read about the scientific study Kristin mentioned in this episode about vacation anticipation:
- Schedule a VIP Pet Business Coaching Day in Hawaii or California.
- Click for FREE pet business resources to help you run your pet business smarter rather than harder.
Share This Podcast Episode: