Prosperous Pet Business Podcast
Episode #45: Creating Space in the Pet Business to Start a New Life
Creature Comforts of Columbia
The coaching client: Jill has had her pet sitting and dog walking business for over five years and she just hired a couple of great employees to help her with the pet services. Now her main focus is to make space in her business in order to have a baby. She’s currently providing about 60% of the services and her current employees cover about 40%. Within the next 10 months she’d like to have staff cover all of the pet services that she currently covers. She’s confused on how many people she should hire to replace her and how to begin to step away from the business in order to create a new life (literally and figuratively!)
Here’s what Jill wrote before the session:
We’ve been in business for 5 1/2 years. It has currently myself and my partner and we are stretched as thin as we can go. We want to have a baby next year but this business is our household income so we need to get set up for employees so we can grow the business while stepping back if / when needed.
There seem to be a lot of businesses that are stuck where I am. I think a lot of listeners will be able to relate to our discussion. There are a ton of directions I want to take my business but really need help narrowing down the best path. I recently purchased the Pet Sitting Hiring Kit as well as the How to Navigate Employee Wage & Hourly Pay webinar.”
Apply what you're learning on the podcast with online courses that help you start and grow your pet business.
Links to Items Mentioned in This Podcast Episode or That Might Help You in Your Pet Business:
Kristin’s newest book will be released soon and you can pre-order the eBook today!
- PRE-ORDER the Hiring Handbook for Pet Sitters and Dog Walkers eBook (paperback book and eBook will be released August 2019)
- Want to be on the podcast? Here’s the application to fill out to apply for a FREE coaching session with pet business coach Kristin Morrison which will be aired on the podcast
- Find out how to get a (not aired on the podcast) private pet business coaching session with pet business coach Kristin Morrison.
- Need to hire great pet sitters and dog walkers? Check out the Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Hiring Kit
- Here’s information about the Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Office Assistant / Office Manager Kit
- Six-Figure Pet Sitting Book (this link is to the eBook, you can get the paperback version on Amazon)
- 30 Days to Start and Grow Your Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Business eBook (this link is to the eBook, the paperback version is on Amazon)
Other resources that can help support you and your pet business:
Share This Podcast Episode: