Prosperous Pet Business Podcast
Episode #44: Adding a New Service
The coaching client: Kayla has had her home-based dog boarding and dog daycare business for over 15 years. She is excited about wanting to add the new service of “daytime dog adventures and field trips” but she’s confused about how to even create a bit of time in her always busy days to begin offering this service.
Kayla knows she wants to hire someone to help with the dog boarding and daycare but because she’s been doing that business for so many years and could do it in her sleep she has no idea even what she does or how she does it so training someone new feels overwhelming. On top of this, she feels exhausted from working so many hours a day so the thought of having to expend more energy to find someone feels draining to her.
Here’s what Kayla wrote before the session:
I think a lot of small business owners are struggling with the same issues; I feel so caught up in just trying to run my business day to day that I'm never able to take the next step in growing my business and realizing my dreams and plans for my business. I feel stuck and in limbo.”
Apply what you're learning on the podcast with online courses that help you start and grow your pet business.
Links to Items Mentioned in This Podcast Episode or That Might Help You in Your Pet Business:
Kristin’s newest book will be released soon and you can pre-order the eBook today!
- PRE-ORDER the Hiring Handbook for Pet Sitters and Dog Walkers eBook (paperback book and eBook will be released August 2019)
- Want to be on the podcast? Here’s the application to fill out to apply for a FREE coaching session with pet business coach Kristin Morrison which will be aired on the podcast
- Find out how to get a (not aired on the podcast) private pet business coaching session with pet business coach Kristin Morrison.
- Need to hire great pet sitters and dog walkers? Check out the Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Hiring Kit
- Here’s information about the Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Office Assistant / Office Manager Kit
- Six-Figure Pet Sitting Book (this link is to the eBook, you can get the paperback version on Amazon)
- 30 Days to Start and Grow Your Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Business eBook (this link is to the eBook, the paperback version is on Amazon)
Other resources that can help support you and your pet business:
Share This Podcast Episode: