Prosperous Pet Business Podcast
Episode #43: Working Too Much
The coaching client: Jesse is a pet sitter and dog walker who started her pet business a little over 5 years ago. She has 10 dog walkers and pet sitters who work for her. Even though she’s got a lot of people working for her she finds that she’s somehow working too much!
On top of that, Jesse is taking her first vacation since having hired staff and her vacation is in 2 weeks – so she needs to get someone lined up right away to help her with the phone and emails so she doesn’t have to bring her work with her to the remote island where she’ll be vacationing.
(Working on vacation = buzzkill!)
Here’s what Jesse wrote before the session:
I have built a successful business and love what I do. I have read a few of your books and feel that I just need some help putting some of the ideas into motion. I am feeling burned out and I know that I need more down time/family time/travel, etc. I often work 5-7 days a week and I know it isn't sustainable and need a fix asap.
I'm at a point in my business where I need to stop growing or figure out how to work less and let go of some control. I have considered hiring a manager, but I have a hard enough time finding quality/reliable dog walkers. I've started to make baby steps such as trying to take some Fridays off, doing fewer overnights, and am thinking about potentially hiring more dog walkers in the coming months. I think I'm likely a workaholic and it is negatively impacting my personal life and I want to find solutions.”
Links to Items Mentioned in This Podcast Episode or That Might Help You in Your Pet Business:
Kristin’s newest book will be released soon and you can pre-order the eBook today!
- PRE-ORDER the Hiring Handbook for Pet Sitters and Dog Walkers eBook (paperback book and eBook will be released August 2019)
- Find out how to get a (not aired on the podcast) private pet business coaching session with pet business coach Kristin Morrison.
- Need to hire great pet sitters and dog walkers? Check out the Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Hiring Kit
- Here’s information about the Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Office Assistant / Office Manager Kit
- Six-Figure Pet Sitting eBook (this link is to the eBook, you can get the paperback version on Amazon)
- 30 Days to Start and Grow Your Pet Sitting and Dog Walking Business eBook (this link is to the eBook, the paperback version is on Amazon)
Other resources that can help support you and your pet business:
Share This Podcast Episode: